The construction industry is using various technologies like AI and big data to ensure the safety and success of the project.
FREMONT, CA: Construction technology is a term that is used for types of technology that have some particular use in the construction industry. For instance, the technologies consist of automated robots, 5G, smart machinery, virtual robot, and IoT. All of these technologies have been developed and embraced to help the industry in enhancing the working conditions, improving health and safety, and boosting efficiency. Here are two of the primary technologies that have immensely benefitted the construction industry.
1) Big Data
Big data can be defined as extensive sets of data, which are utilized to identify recent trends, patterns of behaviour, and new connections so that it becomes easy for the companies to make informed decisions. Big data can also serve as the basis for automation systems and artificial intelligence and also help the construction technologies to evolve.
Big data collects data from internet searches and services, digital photographs, mobile phones, social media, and other forms of digital communication tools like Skype, emails, and text messages.
Below given are a few ways in which big data is used in construction.
• Data gathered from traffic, community, weather, and business activities can be used for analyzing so the construction companies can determine the optimal phasing of construction activities.
• Historical big data can be analyzed to check out the patterns and possibilities of construction risks in an area. It will help them to understand whether their project will be a success or not.
• The geolocation of equipment will also allow the construction companies to improve their logistics so that they can get spare parts whenever necessary and also avoid downtime.
• The data gathered from big data can also be fed into the building information modelling (BIM) systems so that they can schedule maintenance in advance.
2) Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
The artificial intelligence (AI) can mimic human behaviour, and machine learning (ML) is a field of AI. ML utilizes statistical techniques so that computers gather knowledge from the data without being explicitly programmed. These technologies are becoming an essential part of the construction industry.
Here are a few benefits of AI and ML in the construction industry
• Predictive designs consider factors like location, weather, and developing digital building twins to increase the life of a building.
• Utilizing AI will also help construction companies to avoid repetitive tasks, and it can increase productivity and safety.